In case that due to the Covid-19 pandemic an on-campus summerschool is not possible, this module will take place online.
Goals of the course: The students will achieve working knowledge and hands on experience with the modern methods of the fast growing field of artificial intelligence.
- Programme – The course is taught in English (4 ECTS)
- Requirements – Knowledge of advanced mathematics (calculus, statistics); at least one programming language (Python, Java, C++ or similar); at least 2 years of undergraduate studies or enrolment in master studies; topics of study: computer sciences, engineering, physics, mathematics, chemistry, biology or materials
- Programme fee – tba. (includes all study materials, transcript of records, and health, liability and accident insurance as well as a public transportation ticket within Frankfurt).
- Application deadline – tba.
The module will cover the following topics:
- What does the Deep-Learning-revolution mean for science and industry?
- Which methods of machine learning exist and their relative pros and cons?
- For which user cases is the application of these methods useful?
- How do I build and train a neural network for a given problem?
- Different types of neural networks (CNN, RNN, …)
- Generative modelling (AE, VAE, GAN, …)
- Healthy scepticism: evaluation of performance and accuracy.
- Discussion on ethics and privacy of data.
Statistical Analysis, Optimization, Machine learning , Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Tensorflow and Keras, Applications, Own project.