The programme fee for participants is 2,100 €. This includes:
– Academic Programme: Legal Studies, Psychology or Natural and Life Sciences
– German language courses in small groups
– All study material
– Cultural Programme: Excursions to Strasbourg (2 days), Heidelberg, Rhine Region; Study visits in Frankfurt. The Berlin trip is optional (additional costs: 180 €)
– Health, liability and accident insurance
– Transportation fee within Frankfurt
– Accommodation incl. daily breakfast for the duration of the programme. Please note that the participants can book any alternative accommodation like a hostel or private accommodation on their own. They will receive a discount for the programme fee.
Early Bird Rate: If we receive your application until 28 February you will profit from an Early Bird Rate amounting to 200 €.
Accommodation: If you decide to book an alternative accommodation on your own you will receive a discount amounting to 600 €.
German Course: Native speakers of German do not have to participate in the German language courses which reduces the course fee by 300 €. Please note that we don’t offer any German Course for advanced Levels (C1 and C2).
Partner universities: Students registered at one of our partner universities will receive an attractive discount (Programme fee: 1.900 €; Early Bird Rate: 1.800 €). Some scholarships (funded by DAAD within the Programme “Strategic partnerschips” and Goethe-University) are available for students registered at one of our participating strategic partner universities (University of Toronto, University of Birmingham, Tel Aviv University, University of Pennsylvania); please contact your home University (International Office).
Please note that we do not offer any DAAD-scholarships within the Programme “Summer Schools in Germany”.
Please note that all participants have to take care of the visa application themselves including covering possible visa application fees if they need a visa for Germany.
Information for students of Goethe-University Frankfurt
Students enrolled at Goethe-University are given the opportunity of taking part in Frankfurt Summer School for free if they are willing to support the international participants as buddies and take part in both the seminar programme and the cultural programme.
If they participate in the seminar programme and the cultural programme without being buddies they have to pay 150 €. Only participating in the seminar programme will be free of charge for them.
Please note that students enrolled at Goethe University (both buddies and other participants) have to pay the additional amount of 180 € if they decide to participate in the optional trip to Berlin.